Acorn has many years of experience in finding, developing, managing and promoting centres for academic use. We understand the needs of a Study Abroad Centre and being based in London have unique local knowledge.
We will sit with you and work through your requirements to agree a brief, allowing us to:
- Help with fundraising by promoting the benefits of a centre to Alumni and other potential benefactors.
- Assist in the development of a strategy for the short and long term growth of a Study Centre
- Give advice on whether to purchase or lease a building.
- Advise on British Health and Safety regulations, staffing issues and legal matters
Procuring a Centre:
After the brief is agreed, we will work to find you the correct building within the budgeted targets. We can manage the purchase or leasing of the building including surveyors, solicitors and planning issues.
Acorn has had many years of setting up centres and has managed the development of buildings including listed buildings in all conditions into modern, practical learning environments. We have managed the development and installation of lecture theatres, lecture and meeting rooms, media rooms, offices, libraries and computer labs open 24 hours a day. With our experience, we can create all types of styles and décor to meet your budget.
Managing the Centre:
We are experienced in the management and running of Education Centres efficiently and within a budget, but our final responsibilities vary from institute to institute.
We can manage the whole building for you, including:
- The day-to-day running of a centre
- Staff recruitment and employment issues
- All financial aspects of the study centre from paying salaries to tax issues
- Market spare capacity
- Manage the maintenance of the building.
Our level of involvement can be tailored to meet your budget and requirements.
At present the largest Study Centre managed by Acorn can accommodate 142 residential students and up to 600 in classrooms and other academic facilities including offices for faculty. We market spare classroom space and help to promote the centre, carrying out international sales activities when applicable. We also manage on a daily basis other university buildings including financial and property management.
- Source locations
Find out more by contacting us now.